Terms & Conditions
The company reserves the right to amend prices and conditions of hire without notice.
Any parking/speeding or congestion charges are the sole liability of the hirer. We will pass all information on our hirers on to the relevant authorities for them to collect fees. Please note an administration fee will apply. If you are travelling in the congestion area you must inform the office so that we can get the congestion fee paid for you, We will then charge you seperately for the day. Then failure to do so will result in you incurring an extra administration fee.
A green card/AA Europe Assist will be supplied for customers to take the vehicle abroad. This charge will automatically be added to the rental cost. Under no circumstances should a vehicle be taken out of the Uk without the written consent or authorisation of the company
Any additional drivers are charged at an additional fee of £4.99 per day.
Requirements to Rent a Vehicle
You must be aged between 22 and 70. When the car is delivered, you will need to produce a valid drivers license which has been held for 2 years or more and two official additional forms of identification. eg passport, utility bills, bank/card statements, tenancy agreements and company id etc.
If the vehicle arrives with an empty, half full or full tank, you will be required to bring the vehicle back with the same amount.
Free Delivery & Collection
Please check terms & conditions with central reservation.
Please note it is impossible to list all of our Terms & Conditions, however if you are unsure about any issues whatsoever please contact our Central Reservations where you will be able to obtain our full written details.
For Airport collection and delivery its imperative that Low Cost Vehicle Hire is given the correct flight No and time of arrival. Please inform our central reservation team if this changes, quoting your booking Reference No. If this information is not received by Low Cost Vehicle Hire, Low Cost Vehicle Hire will accept no responsibility or compensation for failed rental.
Additional terms and conditions
PART PAYMENT-PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT REFUND ANY PART PAYMENT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Internet rates with out partner will vary to Low Cost Vehicle Hire prices all rights reserved
Please note our partners terms and conditions will apply for all online reservations and quotes.
Free delivery and collections do not apply to bookings made online.
Discount Car Hire aims to resolve most complaints within 35 days of receipt. However, some complaints will take longer due to the nature of the problem and response from out affiliate partners in the group.
Mileage restrictions apply to all our vehicles.
Every effort is made to maintain the highest standard of cleanliness before any vehicle is delivered. Every vehicle is washed and vacuumed by our team of valeters before all deliveries are made. You will incur a charge of £10.00 if the vehicle is not clean upon its return.
If any key is lost whilst on hire, a replacement key will be provided, but, the cost of replacing the lost key will be taken from the hirers deposit plus service charge.
All car payments are non refundable.
There is no refund for customers who wish to bring the vehicle back early. This is done entirely under the customers will.
Lateness Of Deliveries
As most people are aware traffic in London is very bad at the best of times and this hazard plays a big part in the delivering and collecting of vehicles. If the vehicle you have reserved is going to be late for any reason you will be informed as early as possible. We will take no responsibility for late deliveries and collections. We do ask customers to be patient if and when this happens as it is sometimes unavoidable.
Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.
We will not guarantee a particular make or model. The car`s illustrated on our website are for guidance only and can be sustained for a similar group or upgraded to higher specification at no extra cost.
We will not be held responsible for any individual under the influence of alcohol or drugs, causing willful damage, off road driving without due care and attention. The client will indemnify Low Cost Vehicle Hire against this in respect of all claims.
Every vehicle hire requires a deposit and our insurance carries an excess depending on the vehicle size,please check for details if unsure. The Hirer can purchase collison damage waiver please call for details if required.
The personal information you give us is passed on to our affiliate partners and used strictly to process your reservation with our vehicle rental partners in the group.
One Way Hire
We dont offer one way hire on 7.5 tonne vans and we dont offer one way hire to any parts of Ireland.
Terms & Conditions of Contract
In this agreement, the following terms shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned them.
Hirer: The person named as such overleaf
Driver: The original and/or other person named as such overleaf or any other person specifically approved by the lessor to drive the vehicle during the duration of this agreement.
Vehicle: The original vehicle described overleaf or any replacement vehicle
Accessories: The spare wheel, tools and date and time out stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle of the delivery into the physical custody of the lessor.
Rental Period: The period from the date and time out stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle into physical custody of the lessor.
Refuelling Charge: A surcharge, which is added to, the cost of the amount 'Top-Up' fuel needed when the vehicle is returned to the lessor. Calculated in accordance with Lessor's current tariff.
Excess Amount: The sum specified overleaf as the excess amount.
Excess Waiver Fee: A fee calculated in accordance with the lessor's current tariff, which limits the Hirer's liability to pay the excess amount to the amount of the non-waivable excess.
Non Waivable Excess: The hirer's liability will be limited to the amount of the non-waivable excess if Excess waiver is purchased in accordance with the Lessor's current tariff or is part of an inclusive tariff rate offered by the Lessor.
Personal Accident, Personal Effects and Goods in Transit Insurance Fees: Fees, which entitle the hirer to, the benefits of the cover, set out in the master policies issued to the Lessor.
Current Tariff: The lessor's tariff current at the commencement of hire.
The insurance Policy: The Lessor's policy of insurance on the vehicle a copy of which is available for inspection at the rental location.
1) The Hirer acknowledges that:
a) The vehicle is fit for his purpose and undertakes to return it and it's accessories to eh place and on the date due back specified overleaf.
b) S/he has received the vehicle free from apparent defects or damage (except as indicated overleaf)
c) The Lessor has no liability in respect of any injury, loss or damage arising form the use of the vehicle, nor shall the Lessor be liable for any indirect loss or damage, or, in the case of consumers, damage, which was not foreseeable by both parties.
d) The lessor shall not be liable for damages arising from defects or mechanical failures, which are not attributable to any breach of the manufacturer's warranty or any warranty implied by the law to take reasonable, care or exercise reasonable skill.
2) During the rental period, the hirer shall keep the vehicle and it's accessories in his or any approved driver's possession and free from legal process or lien and when not in use adequately protected and secured.
3) The Hirer and any driver shall ensure that the vehicle will not be used:
a) For hire or reward
b) For racing, pace making, rallying, speed testing, driving tuition or similar purposes or for propelling or towing any vehicle, trailer or other object.
c) In any manner, which might render void the insurance policy, or other contract of insurance.
d) For any illegal purpose or in contravention of any legislation affecting the vehicle, it's use or construction.
e) Outside England, Wales or Scotland without prior written consent of the Lessor
f) By any person who:
i) Is not licensed to drive the vehicle
ii) Is under 21 years of age or over 65
iii) Is under the influence of drink or drugs
iv) Has given a fictitious name or address
v) Has not been approved by the Lessor as a driver
vi) Has been convicted of a motoring offence the details of which have not been disclosed in writing to the Lessor at the commencement of the hire
4) The Hirer agrees to pay on demand:
a) Rental charges
b) Any appropriate Excess Waiver or Personal Accident, Personal Effects or Goods in Transit insurance fees, and any Refuelling and miscellaneous charges
c) The excess amount in respect of each incident resulting in damage to or loss of the vehicle, its accessories or any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle.
d) All fines and court cost incurred in relation to the vehicle by the hirer or the Lessor from the commencement of the rental until the vehicle is returned to the Lessor, except where caused through fault of the Lessor.
e) Any Value Added Tax, local or other taxes payable in respect of any of the above.
5) The Hirer shall compensate the Lessor in full on demand for any loss it suffers as a result of any damages, fire or theft to or of the vehicle including loss of revenue tot eh Lessor for the period during which the vehicle shall remain unavailable for rental by reason of such matters and any claims made by any persons in respect of the vehicle whilst it is in the Hirer's custody. This clause applies whether you have insurance or not.
6) The Hirer and any driver shall:
a) Ensure compliance with the terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance policy, which shall be deemed to be included in the agreement as if the same were fully set out herein.
b) Inform the Lessor immediately of any loss or damage to or fault developing in the vehicle.
c) At the request and cost of the Lessor permit to be done in his own name all acts and things as may be reasonably required by the Lessor for the purposes of repairing the vehicle or enforcing any rights or remedies or of obtaining relief from other parties in respect of any loss or damage to or in connection with the vehicle or its accessories.
d) Indemnify the Lessor against any loss incurred by reason f any breach of this Agreement by the hirer or any driver.
e) Ensure the maximum payload and individual axle plated weights not exceeded.
f) Be reasonable for the loading and unloading of the vehicle.
g) Obtain or maintain any necessary operator's license.
7) The Hirer and any driver shall not:
a) Without prior consent of the Lessor incur any liability for repairs tot eh vehicle in excess of £25.00.
b) Be the agent or servant of the Lessor for any purpose.
c) Make any claim for loss of or damage to any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle unless due to our negligence.
d) The hirer may purchase insurance to cover such loss or damage by initiating the relevant space in box19 overleaf.
8) Even if an excess waiver fee is paid, the Hirer shall be responsible for payment for any excess amount where the loss of or damage to the vehicle or its accessories arises from the negligence or wilful action of the Hirer or any driver.
9) The period of Hirer as specified overleaf shall not be extended without the Lessors express authorisation in writing and in any event the period of this agreement shall not exceed 90 days.
10) HGV Driving license is required for all vehicles over 7.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight. HGV Driving Licenses MUST be accompanied by a current and valid ordinary driving license.
11) If the Hirer does not comply with any of these conditions he shall return the vehicle to the Lessor immediately and pay to the Lessor on demand any loss it suffers in respect of the Hirer's non compliance, failing which the Lessor shall be at retake possession of the vehicle and all costs expenses incidental to recovery of the vehicle shall be repaid by the Hirer to the Lessor on demand.
12) Any additional to or alteration of the terms and conditions of this agreement should be agreed in writing by the parties.
13) Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict the Lessor's liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or any other liability of the Lessor, which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
14) PETS: No animals are allowed in any of our vehicles. There will be a charge of £50.00 for valeting.
15) COLLECTION: Until a member of staff collects the vehicle, you will be fully liable for any parking/clamping fees. Any parking fines, which are not settled, will be subject to a £60.00 Administration Fee.
16) EARLY RETURNS: There will be no refunds for early returns.